Monday, November 5, 2012

SUPER EASY MAC & CHEESE







This is the easiest, and tastiest & most frugal mac & cheese I have come up with. I make this and my kids inhale it! It does not need to be baked. There is a WORLD of possibilities with this too. I usually make as is for a quick lunch and then I will make it with add ins for dinner (i.e. hamburger/ mixed veggies, olives/diced tomatoes, rotel, pepperoni, mushrooms, broccoli, ect).

QIUCK COOK MAC & CHEESE
3 c. cooked macaroni (about 1 1/2c. uncooked)
2/3 c. evaporated milk
1 1/2 c. shredded cheese

After cooking macaroni, drain and rinse with cool water and return to pan. Add evaporated milk and cheese. Cook and stir gently until cheese melts.
for a thinner sauce, add a little more milk.

You can use any kind or combination of cheese. Makes 6 servings (about 2/3 c. each) I usually triple it for my family of 8. :)

No comments: