Friday, November 16, 2012

MOCK STARBUCKS






Here is the Mock Starbucks recipe for the Are You a Good Steward post I promised you!

Now, my disclaimer is that I did not make this. It came from Pinterest. But, since Pinterest is blocking the site and the recipe is listed I will share it with you and give full credit to the genius that created this wonderful concoction!

Mock Starbucks:

10 cups strong coffee
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. vanilla creamer

Mix and refrigerate! And this makes 10 cups!! How awesome is that?

Now the amount of sugar in this may seem staggering, but you have some options.

First-enjoy it as an occasional treat. That would make it even more frugal. (2) you can leave the brown sugar and white sugar as is and go with a sugar free vanilla creamer. (3) You could do regular and brown sugar Splenda and sugar free vanilla creamer. (I am personally not a huge fan of artificial sweetener, but if you like it go with it!) And (4), you could go with Stevia as the white sugar, regular brown sugar and regular or sugar free creamer. And, technically you could just cut down the sugar amounts to suite your own tastes. I do like my coffee strong.

I do suggest that if you go with artificial sweetener that you add half the amount and then increase because they do tend to be sweeter.

Now, on those hectic errand days just pop this in a thermos to stay cold and save some much needed cash!


Till Later!  :)

 

1 comment:

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

It does sound delicious, that is for sure!