Tuesday, November 6, 2007

MY THOUGHTS

AT DAWN
This is the beginning of a new day.
God has given me this day to use it as I will.
I can waste it, or I can use it.
I can make it a day long to be remembered for its job, its beauty, and its achievement; or it can be filled with pettiness and ugliness.
What I do today is important, for I am exchanging a day of my life for it.
When tomorrow comes this day will be gone forever, but I shall hold something which I have traded for it.
It may be no more than a memory; but if it is a worthy one, I shall not regret the price.
I should like it to be gain, not loss; good, not evil; success, certainly not failure.
So here is a day and here am I.
God will not expect more of me than I am capable of giving, but he will expect my best.
There will be beauty and I must not miss it.
There will be cries of people in distress, and I must hear and answer.
There will be moments of temptation, but I must not yield nor be impulsive.
There will be opportunity for good, and I must be ready.
And then when night comes, may I look back without regret, and forward with a radiant spirit and a thankful heart.
By Samuel Pugh

No comments: