Sunday, November 11, 2012

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TEMPORARY AND ETERNAL






"18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18


My encouragement to you today is to remember the difference between what is temporal and what is eternal. What is it that may be bothering you today? What seems like a mountain you can not overcome?

Stop for just a minute and see it beyond today-see it years from now. If you are a person of faith, see it past the time this life ceases. 

How much importance does it hold in that light?

I find that so many times in my life I get myself beaten down by things which seem so huge. How odd it seems a year or two later how unimportant or nonexistent it has become. I forget to put it into perspective.

Now, am I saying that some trials in life can just be ignored because in the long run they will go away. No, not in the slightest. Some trials cause pain so intense (and not just physically) that it can not be ignored.

No, my encouragement is to remind yourself that pretty much any trial you may be experiencing is but for a moment in the grand scheme. 

IT. WILL. PASS.

Comfort your heart with the knowledge that it is temporal- not eternal and YOU WILL be strong enough to come through it. 


Till Later  :)


TheBetterMom.com Spread the Word

No comments: